Can I get pregnant

Namuwonge
User

Can I get pregnant

Post by Namuwonge »

Hi, am 30years old and I have had periods once or twice when I was fifteen. I recently went for a scan and it showed the following;
The ovaries are small with no evident follicles seen. They measure ; rt ovary= 1.27 cc of volume. Lt ovary=1.59cc of volume. The uterus is also small in size but with normal shape and echo texture. It measures 6.8 cm long, 2.4 cm thick and 3.4 cm wide. There are no abnormal masses seen. There is no free peritoneal fluid. The urinary bladder wall is of normal thickness and the urine in the lumen is echo free. Conclusion. The symptoms are likely due to premature ovarian failure. Am asking if I can get pregnant and give birth or its impossible. Thank you and am eagerly waiting for the reply.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Can I get pregnant

Post by Dr. Wisot »

This should not prevent you from having a baby through egg donation. You should see a Reproductive Endocrinologist when you ready to get the process started.

Even though it won't be from your egg, you can still carry, deliver, nurse, raise the child and pay for college. :D

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Namuwonge
User

Post by Namuwonge »

Thanks Doc , that is really reassuring but isn't there any way to increase my ovaries or the follicles. And can the uterus hold a baby they told me its too too small.
Thank you once again
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Sorry to say that from what you wrote I am not aware of anything that can be done to revive your ovaries.

The uterus can usually be prepared to carry a pregnancy using hormones.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California