Fluid in uterus

Cjurecek
User

Fluid in uterus

Post by Cjurecek »

Is it normal to have fluid in your uterus on cd3 ultrasound. I had one day of light bleeding and was spotting the day of ultrasound and after. My doctor is on vacation the nurse said it because its cd3. I have read this is still uncommon. Also I had an ultrasound 15 days prior and it started to show fluid and no bleeding until just 4 days ago.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Fluid in uterus

Post by Dr. Wisot »

On Day 3 it could be blood in the uterus. If there is any question after the period is over your doctor could do a saline sonohysterogram or hysteroscopy to make sure there are no polyps or other abnormalities in the uterus.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Cjurecek
User

Post by Cjurecek »

Thank you but it wasnt there on July 9th or July 11th. Then it started forming on the 15th. I ovulated on the 23rd and started on the 28th. Then there was even more on July30th.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I am getting a little confused between days of the cycle and dates. It must be a strange cycle if you started your period 5 days after ovulation if I have that right.

But nevertheless if it has persisted so long it probably should be evaluated as I noted above.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California