blood results

rowan6
User

blood results

Post by rowan6 »

Hi, 2 years ago when I was 31 I got some fertility bloods done. my FSH on day 2 was high at 11.4 IU/L (reference range 3.0-8.1 IU/L). My day 2 Oestradoil was low at less than 92 pmol (reference range was 92-921 pmol) everything else was normal (prolactin, progesterone was 61.5 at day 21, prolactin also normal). I got pregnant the same month I got these tests done so I didn't look at the results (I got pregnant on 4th month of trying to conceive so very quickly). however, I developed bad anxiety after I had my baby and I stupidly asked to see the results when he was 12 months old as we wanted to start trying again. when I saw the results and googled the meaning I totally freaked out. I then got my AMH tested and it came back at 11.8(this was when I was 32 years 7 months old and I understand its low).
I'm really worried about the meaning of the high fsh, low oestradoil and low AMH, am I heading towards early menopause?
I have always had regular periods (28/29 days) and think I ovulate every month cos any time I have used ovulation sticks I get a positive. i'm just worried i'm heading towards menopause soon and I don't know why this would be the case
my mum told me today she went through menopause in her early 40s which is considered early I think. if I can stay fertile until then i'll be happy but with the results I have am I headed towards it earlier than in my 40s? could I even be said to be in perimenopause already?

thank you so much for any advice you can give me. I'm really worried about this
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: blood results

Post by Dr. Wisot »

An AMH in the U.S. of 11 is very high. Maybe they use different units from wherever you are. The rest of your bloodwork needs updating before you get upset. What your FSH was years ago does not mean that it had to change over time.

Get your labs redone, maybe an antral follicle count by ultrasound and then consult with your doctor.

My bet would be that everything is OK.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
rowan6
User

Post by rowan6 »

Hi Dr Wisot

thank you so much for your reply. my AMH result was 11.8 pmol. I think this is 1.625 in the units you use in the US (based on a conversion I did online).
re what you say about FSH, do you mean that just because it was bad at 11.4 2 years ago, its not necessarily worse now?
the other thing that worried me is the Oestradoil result being low. online when you read about menopause, it says menopause starts when Oestrogen levels fall, so I started thinking the fact mine are low, maybe that means i'm heading for early menopause. online I cant really find other (less scary) explanations for low oestrogen so I was thinking the worst.

since I got my bloods done I have been pregnant twice so I know its probably irrational for me to be worrying about my levels (I am actually pregnant now so I cant get my levels re tested). I wish I hadn't had the bloods done in the first place to be honest! but I just cant help the fear that I'm in pre menopause or heading there soon based on the results I got before and its scaring me a lot!

thank you again Dr Wisot, it was really nice of you to reply to me
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

1.625 is an OK level.

There is no predicting how quickly the AMH amd FSH may change so to see what your situation is currently you would have to repeat the tests now.

The estradiol level on Day 2 or 3 should be low and does not reflect your overall estrogen production at ovulation.

So instead of being scared simply repeat the tests.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California