High FSH

rowan6
User

High FSH

Post by rowan6 »

Hello
I got my FSH tested and it was high at 11.4. my Estradiol was low at under 92. does the high FSH mean I have diminished ovarian reserve and low egg quality?

I am 33, have always had regular periods (29 days) and pretty sure I ovulate every cycle as any time I have used OPKs I have got a positive around day 14/15 which would mean I ovulate day 15/16. I have also been pregnant twice and both times have gotten pregnant very easily. I have had no miscarriages that I know of (so far touch wood) I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with my second baby.

the month I got the high FSH reading I ovulated earlier than normal (day 12/13) could this have effected my FSH result?

thank you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: High FSH

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The most likely scenario is that you misinterpreted the day the FSH was taken which is why it was higher and then you appeared to ovulate earlier but it was really consistent with your normal cycle.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
rowan6
User

Post by rowan6 »

thank you for your reply.

I really don't think I misinterpreted the day of my cycle when by FSH was done, as it was definitely the day after my period began (day 2 of my cycle) even if my period could be said to have started a day earlier (if I had spotting and didn't realise) then my FSH would have been taken on day 3 of my cycle so the result of 11.4 would still be valid.

I'm sorry if I am not understanding you properly
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You did not misinterpret what I wrote. By way of explanation, the bleeding you saw was not in synch with your hormonal cycle. You interpreted it the only way you could; by seeing the menstrual flow. But I think it came a little late, not in synch with the hormones.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 8-)

Meanwhile enjoy the pregnancy and stop worrying.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California