AMH High and Miscarriage

shwemah
User

AMH High and Miscarriage

Post by shwemah »

Hi, I am 34 years old, I had terminated my first pregnancy at 20th week due to diaphragmatic hernia (Karyotype result is Diaphragmatic Hernia with ambiguous genitalia and Fish Analysis failed). Have done Karyotype for me (46XX) and my husband(46XYqh+). As per the consultancy with Genetician 46 XY qh+ is normal in population and it is not the reason for Diaphragmatic hernia.
My second pregnancy terminated at 8th week due to Missed abortion as no cardiac activity (Cytoprime Microarray Result-Trisomy 15). As per the consultancy with Genetician, Trisomy 15 is spontaneous event and will not reoccur and suggested to do AMH and Semen analysis. Semen analysis result is normal, but AMH has resulted in 6.66ng/l.
Will this High AMH level was the reason for previous abnormalities (I had conceived naturally twice), will this AMH can be brought down to normal. Should i go for IVF. Will there be reoccurance of these chromosomal abonormalities. Will the age is the only factor for this.
Dr. Huang
User

Re: AMH High and Miscarriage

Post by Dr. Huang »

We are so sorry to hear about your losses. Please know that they were spontaneous events and not related to your AMH and genetics. It is good that you met with a geneticist to confirm this. Women at all ages have good eggs and bad eggs. Unfortunately your pregnancies were the result of a bad egg or sperm with a spontaneous genetic mutation that resulted in the congenital anomalies with the first pregnancy and a missing chromosome with the second pregnancy. As women age, the risk of chromosomally abnormal eggs increase and so too does the risk of miscarriages and abnormal pregnancies.

AMH is a measure of ovarian reserve. A higher AMH indicates good reserve. Sometimes very high AMH may be related to polycystic ovarian syndrome in women with irregular cycles. They sometimes need medications to help them ovulate. It sounds like you ovulate regularly. Age is the best indicator of quality of eggs. And since you are 34 years old you should still have quality eggs. IVF is one treatment option for you, but it is not the only option. IVF with preimplantation genetic testing is a good tool for screening for chromosomal disorders. Meet with your reproductive endocrinologist to review the details of all your treatment options. We wish you a healthy pregnancy soon.
Dr. Andy Huang
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
shwemah
User

Re: AMH High and Miscarriage

Post by shwemah »

Thank you for the reply. We did advanced semen analysis and below is the report

CONCENTRATION ASSESSMENT
Total Ejaculate: 150 million
Sperm Conc. : 60 mill/ml
(millions / ml)

MOTILITY ASSESSMENT (5th percentile value)
Sperm Motility 1 Hr 2 Hrs
Total Progressive 30 % 15 %
Non Progressive 03 % 06 %
Immotile 67 % 79 %
Total motility 33 % 21 %
(Total Progressive + Non
Progressive)

1 Hour Total motility:Sub Normal
(5th Per: 42 75th Per: 50)

Advanced Total Progressive Motility Assessment (CASMA)
Rapid Progressive 00 %
Slow Progressive 30 %

MORPHOLOGY ASSESSMENT (TYGERBERG KRUGER)
Morphology %
Normal Forms 04 %
Over all Defects 96 %
Head Defects 56 %
Mid Piece and Neck Defects 24 %
Tail Defects 16 %
Multiple Defects 00 %

Sperm Morphology: Normal

Final Impression-ASTHENO-ZOOSPERMIA

Will Astheno-Zoospermia will be the cause for chromosomal abnormalities(as i conceived naturally twice). Will Overall defect (96%) will impact ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am 34 years old, I had terminated my first pregnancy at 20th week due to diaphragmatic hernia (Karyotype result is Diaphragmatic Hernia with ambiguous genitalia and Fish Analysis failed). Have done Karyotype for me (46XX) and my husband(46XYqh+). As per the consultancy with Genetician 46 XY qh+ is normal in population and it is not the reason for Diaphragmatic hernia.
My second pregnancy terminated at 8th week due to Missed abortion as no cardiac activity (Cytoprime Microarray Result-Trisomy 15). As per the consultancy with Genetician, Trisomy 15 is spontaneous event and will not reoccur and suggested to do AMH and Semen analysis. Semen analysis result is normal, but AMH has resulted in 6.66ng/l.
Will this High AMH level was the reason for previous abnormalities (I had conceived naturally twice), will this AMH can be brought down to normal. Should i go for IVF. Will there be reoccurance of these chromosomal abonormalities. Will the age is the only factor for this.