Luteal Phase HCG

ttc2early

Luteal Phase HCG

Post by ttc2early »

My RE has suggested that I support progesterone levels in my luteal phase with HCG shots. I am just about going crazy here at 13 days past ovulation wondering when I can take a accurate pregnancy test. I took just under 1500 u per injection and I took 1 3, 6, and 9 days past ovulation. Any insight would be helpful.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Luteal Phase HCG

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

I missed this message when you posted it. sorry.

The hCG can last up to 9 days so you can get an accurate pregnancy test about now. Hope it's +++.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
ttc2early

Post by ttc2early »

Thanks! Yeah that's what my office had told me too! Weird stuff but maybe it helped because I did get a ++ in fact when I went in to the office on Monday the 22nd my beta was almost 2500! My 2nd on Wednesday was 6200! My 1st appt. and u/s is Thursday and hoping everything looks just as good!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I hope it's good. Your numbers are encouraging.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
ttc2early

Post by ttc2early »

I am not sure if you want a update but maybe others do! My u/s went well from my calculations I was exactly 6 weeks and the yolk sac measure 6w1d and the gestational sac 6w2d and there was a flicker of the hb. The only thing that bothers me is that we couldn't get a reading on the heartrate but I think this is still very early for that, right? They said everything looked good and I have a repeat u/s in 2 weeks. Now I am trying to decide on my progesterone they have had me on the Endometrin to get me by but I usually do the 17OHP shots but now I am not sure I want to switch to the shots since everything is going well with the other. Should a switch from one to the other matter?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You really can't get an accurate count of that flicker; as long as the doctor says it look OK everything should be good. :D

Your doctor should determine which progesterone is appropriate for you.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
TTC42

Post by TTC42 »

I was following...thanks for the update. Congratulations and good luck to you.
ttc2early

Post by ttc2early »

Thanks for the kind words! I am still holding in I forget how much a limbo the 1st weeks can feel like. My progesterone was 34 last week and then 16 this Tuesday I repeated the progesterone yesterday and it went back up to 45! I was then told I could go ahead and switch from the Endometrin to the 17OHP shots which really was a supply issue nothing to do with my level. I did start spotting yesterday which obviously freaks me out do you think that can have anything to do with the progesterone switch? Have you known anyone that has had this happen? My next appt and ultrasound is Thursday and hoping I will have a clearer answer of what's going on I will be 8 weeks then.
ttc2early

Post by ttc2early »

So I went in Monday and the u/s still looked good! HR was 152 measuring right on! progesterone level 28 yesterday. Do you see progesterone levels fluctuate like this or do they generally stay about the same or rise? Everything I read says they should increase with time...I know it was the same way when I was pregnant with my last son.
ttc2early

Post by ttc2early »

Just wanted to update real quick 11 weeks and counting! Feeling pretty confident now!