Messed up the dose for gonal-f injection

b_jones

Messed up the dose for gonal-f injection

Post by b_jones »

This is my first cycle on injections of gonal-f for IUI. I have previously responded well to clomid on three cycles taking 100 cd 3-7 and always have one or more mature egg. Did two cycles of IUI, one resulted in miscarriage, and one timed intercourse. This cycle will also be IUI. On Friday (cd3) I started my injections at 150 iu, only to realize today, Sunday, that I was only supposed to do 75 iu. My next apt is Tuesday and the clinic will be closed tomorrow (Monday). For my injection today I was going to take 75, was just wondering what impact this mistake would have on this cycle, if any. I am 38 yrs old and G2P0020. My labs on Friday (day 3) AMH is 0.58, my FSH is 9.3, LH is 7.9, estradiol is 28 and my progesterone 1.50. Thank you very much for your time.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Messed up the dose for gonal-f injection

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Probably not much of a negative effect at age 38 with an AMH of 0.58. Nothing you can do about it and not much chance it will result in too many eggs based on that one injection of more then they wanted to give.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
b_jones

Post by b_jones »

Thank you, Dr., for the quick response. That makes me feel better that I probably didn't mess up this cycle. Yes, my AMH is not so great. What causes that to be low and is it possible to increase it? Other than my fertility, I have always been a very healthy and athletic person. I always thought conceiving would be easy for me since I had always taken such good care of myself.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The reduction in AMH which is a reflection of the body's ability to be stimulated to make numbers of eggs is largely predetermined by genetics. But usually this is not a reflection on the quality of your eggs and all you need is one good one to make a healthy child.

Not much you can do to increase it, not even a healthy lifestyle although smoking can reduce it faster.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California