Getting Pregnant Again With Endometriosis

bean0105

Getting Pregnant Again With Endometriosis

Post by bean0105 »

Here is my story:

Conceived my now 7 year old son in 2007 without any issues first month trying, we started trying again for our second child at the end of 2010, finally after a battery of tests and eventually a laparoscopy my OBGYN found stage 1-2 endometriosis on my bladder and left uterine ligament and cauterized it. I got pregnant right after my surgery and had my now almost 3 year old daughter. We are now trying for our third, it's now been a little over a year since we started trying again, my doctor went ahead with another laparoscopy in April and found that the endometriosis had come back, this time there was more of it than before, with a few spots on my left ovary as well. He said he got it all and we had hoped to conceive right away again, well here we are 6 months later and I'm still not pregnant. I should also mention I ovulate on my own, my tubes are open, and my husbands semen analysis was normal. What I'd like to know is, is there still a good chance I'll conceive again? I'm on my second round of clomid as well. I cannot afford IVF so I'm hoping my prognosis is good. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Getting Pregnant Again With Endometriosis

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I wish I could tell you what your chances are but that's impossible with this limited information. You must also add to the equation that you are four years older than you were when you conceived your daughter.

If you are fairly young and another few cycles of Clomid in association with IUI (which may be helpful with endometriosis) and you can't afford IVF, three to six months of Lupron to suppress any endometriosis that can't be seen might help.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.