Transman Pregnancy Donor/Mother DNA traces

MrZander

Transman Pregnancy Donor/Mother DNA traces

Post by MrZander »

I am a transgendered man of 18 months.. I have recently stopped my testosterone treatment and am hoping to begin menstruating again.within the next 5-8 months. My partner/fiance have been debating on whom we want to donate to our conception. Her full blood brother has offered ad we are very willing to use his swimmers since he and I are willing to have as many necessary sessions of intercourse needed to conceive. Our #1 question is when we have the baby/ies I will be placed as the mother and she would be kept off the certificate. After we receive the certificate we will be going to court to change the paperwork as to show me as the father (since I am legally considered a man) and Erin as the mother. We are wondering if they want paternity testing will the baby carry both our DNA or will it clearly show a different parent?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Transman Pregnancy Donor/Mother DNA traces

Post by Dr. Wisot »

A lawyer who specializes in reproductive issues would be the best one to answer the legal paperwork questions. But a DNA test would show who are the biologic parents, in this case you and Erin's brother.

The lawyer could tell you if they will require a "paternity test."

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
MrZander

Re: Transman Pregnancy Donor/Mother DNA traces

Post by MrZander »

Thank.you Doc!