Where do I go next?

jessi309
User

Where do I go next?

Post by jessi309 »

Hello! PREG/LOSS mentioned...I am looking for the next step to take in my journey. I started IVF after I had an HSG in 2011 that said both of my tubes were blocked, and I had less than a 5% chance of conceiving naturally. I did my first IVF transfer in Jan 2012. I did a single embryo day 5 transfer, I did get pregnant but at my 6 week ultrasound there was no pregnancy to be seen. I followed that with an FET in May 2012, with 2 frozen embryos, and another transfer in Sept 2012 with 3 frozen embryos, both failed. In Dec of 2012 I did another IVF, prior to that I had a D&C to remove a couple of polyps that were seen on an SIS ultrasound. We did our IVF with two fresh embryos that had PGS testing. I delivered boy/girl twins in June of 2013 at 29 weeks. They are perfectly healthy now, almost 3. I pumped breastmilk for them until August 2014, and I got one cycle after I stopped, and miraculously ended up pregnant on my own. Our joy of that pregnancy was short lived after we discovered our son had Trisomy 21 at 12 weeks. On an ultrasound at 11 weeks it was noticed that he had a cystic hygroma, which prompted us to do the Materni21 test. I was hospitalized at 26weeks because I had lost all of my amniotic fluid, the doc wasn't sure if I ruptured of if my little one had kidney failure. I was monitored until 32 weeks and the doc thought my son was not growing so he elected to do my c-section the next day. My son lived for eight hours. This was April 2015 that he was born and passed. In August of 2015 after approval from OB and RE we did another FET with an embryo from my successful IVF with my twins, it failed. I just completed another FET from that same IVF using one embryo. It also failed. I am lost. Before our unexpected pregnancy my husband and I had talked about doing a transfer and we were so excited when I got pregnant on my own, then to just lose our son. We are heartbroken. I am 36, we have 2 embryos left with PGS testing, and 2 without. Would it make sense to do another transfer? Try naturally? The only issue we face is my tubes, my eggs are good quality, I respond well to the prescribed medications, my lining is always perfect according to the doc. Should I switch RE? I hesitate to do more than one embryo, my twins were born so early, and although they really had no life threatening issues they were still in the NICU for 8 weeks. Plus my husband might go insane if we have twins again. LONG post, but I wanted to share my history. Thank you.

Jessica
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Where do I go next?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Thank you for your compelling story; from the ecstasy of your success :D to the depths of despair :cry: from your losses.

With your good quality and PGS tested embryos resulting in failed cycles I would focus on your endometrium. Have they looked for a hydrosalpinx in your tubes as a possible cause. You have had polyps removed but they should also check for chronic endometritis and even an endometrial receptor assay (ERA) before transferring another embryo.

This is a complex situation, not amenable to short glib answers so you may want to consider a formal second opinion before proceeding further.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
jessi309
User

Post by jessi309 »

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, it has been a long rollercoaster of a journey! Endometriosis? Really? I have never been diagnosed with that, that has never been brought to my attention. But I did forget to mention that I had to have polyps removed twice, once before my twin pregnancy and once before this last transfer....are polyps an indicator of this endometriosis? I have had irregular cycles pretty much my entire life! What the? :shock: :shock: I will definitely seek a second opinion and a heavy work up before proceeding!
jessi309
User

Post by jessi309 »

UGH, I apologize, I read endometriosis...I see endometritis now. I will still seek a full workup and a second opinion. My pathology from my polyp removal surgery (Nov 2015) did come back normal before this most recent transfer but maybe they did not look for endometritis? Thank you again!
luckygirl
User

Post by luckygirl »

Hello,
I would like to know the success rate for a postive pregnancy test following the instructions of a ERA test at your clinic? Is it common to receive a late pre receptive diagnosis of 12hrs? Do many of your patients have a successful outcome when all other tests have come back negative except for a displaced window? How often do you repeat the ERA test per the recommended window?