Follow - up

positively
User

Follow - up

Post by positively »

So i asked a question previously and i am so grateful for your answer..
I am currently 5 weeks pregnant from a 3dat FET. MY LEVELS 6 days ago were hcg 300, p4 11.1 and estrogen 1700. I have been on endometrin 3x a day since 3 days before transfer and estrace 1/2 tab 2x a day. My first blood work 6 days ago was taken in the morning. I had my levels rechecked today my hcg was 6,000 and estrogen dropped to 215. I also had an u/s and my gestational sac measured 5 weeks exactly. Does this look bad? I'm beyond devastated. My dr increased my Estrace to 1/2 tab 3x a day.

You answered this by saying that you dont measure estrogen levels. However. My RE did not sound hopeful and i have been sick since yesterday. Back story. I became pregnant in 2013 through natural iui.. it ended up being a blighted ovum and i had a D& C at 10 weeks.. After months of tryign again, we did IVF in jan 2014. I was 29. Fsh was 10.1 and lh was 11.4 at the start of the cycle. I had 24 + follicles. 21 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. Out of the 8, 5 were graded 8 cell grade. The other 3 were 6 & 7 cells, Fresh transfer in jan failed. Did a FET in feb with two embros. Both took. Saw heartbeats at 8 weeks. Found out at 20 weeks that we lost one around 9.5 weeks.I also developed a DVT at 30 weeks. I delivered my beautiful, healthy daughter at 41 weeks.
My question now is am I doomed? I have been tested for all blood clotting disorders which are neg.. i am on lovenox this pregnancy, though. with the exception of smoking, I was always fairly healthy and good BMI. I am just devastated as to why this could keep happening. I am so afraid that i will lose this pregnancy.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Follow - up

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I don't think I said that we do not measure estrogen levels. We don't in fresh transfers in hCG triggered cycles, but we do in FET cycles to wean off Estrace.

I think I did say that is you were not bleeding from the low E2 level your numbers and sac seem hopeful.

Time will tell.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California