Documneted Success Rates

amylynn
User

Documneted Success Rates

Post by amylynn »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the success rates mean between the SART, CDC and the Fertility Success Rates web-sites.

For instance, as I look at Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM), the three web-sites provide very different information women aged 41-42 using fresh eggs.

For CCRM, the SART web-site states the success rate as 32%, the CDC web-sites states success as 0/6* because less than 20 ART cycles, and the Fertility Success Rates web-site indicates success as a little under 20%, but not graphed because there were less than 20 transfers.

A similar question could be asked for Massachusetts General Hospital Fertility Center (MGH). The SART web-site indicates the success rate as 17%, the CDC web-site indicates the success rate as 14.9% and the Fertility Success Rates web-site states the success rate as 21.9%.

What are the differences in the success rates based upon? Is one web-site more reliable than another web-site? Is the variability due to the data collection time period? Or another reason?
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: Documneted Success Rates

Post by Dr. Amin »

Published IVF success rates can be very difficult to interpret for exactly the reasons you pointed out. The information requested by each website can vary and the way the information is reported by the IVF centers can vary. That's why you should always take that information with a "grain of salt". I generally recommend looking to see if the IVF center's success rates match the national averages. If it's far above or below the national average, that may be something to ask the center about. I would recommend finding a center with a good reputation and then meeting with a physician at that center. Use your instincts and you'll likely find the best place for you.
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA