PGS with Donor Eggs failed

Albiea
User

PGS with Donor Eggs failed

Post by Albiea »

I am 42 and have been TTC for 3 years, after 6 IVFs with my own eggs when I had one miscarriage at 5 weeks, one termination for medical reasons at 13 weeks and one ectopic pregnancy we moved on to donor eggs. I stupidly thought this was the magic answer. We have now had 3 frozen transfers (5 embryos in total) - all from the same donor round, all PGS tested, and all I have had is one chemical pregnancy. Each time I have been pregnant I have had an endometrial scratch the month before transfer.
I have had a hysteroscopy which found nothing wrong. I have factor V leiden but take clexane and aspirin for this. I also take steroids for the donor rounds.
My doctor is suggesting that next time we do a fresh transfer with a new donor.
I feel like there is something badly wrong for the 3 frozen PGS tested rounds to have failed. Could I be incompatible with the donor? Is there anything else I could do?
Dr. Amin
Site Admin

Re: PGS with Donor Eggs failed

Post by Dr. Amin »

I'm so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, using donor eggs is not always a guarantee of pregnancy. That being said, since the embryos were PGS tested, I would consider doing some further testing. When patients have multiple failed attempts, Some things to consider include doing some bloodwork to evaluate for recurrent pregnancy loss, performing a hysterosalpingogram to evaluate for a hydrosalpinx, and doing an endometrial biopsy to look for chronic endometritis and endometrial receptivity. A hysteroscopy could also be done, but it seems you've already done that. I hope this information is useful to you. Best of luck.
Marli Amin, MD
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Orange County, CA