Success after tubal ligation

christinaz79

Success after tubal ligation

Post by christinaz79 »

Hello all. We were patients of Reproductive Partners in Redondo Beach. We traveled from Santa Maria, Ca. about 3 hours away from the clinic. We chose this office after much research done by myself. We were able to get in very quickly and were treated with so much kindness from the whole staff.

Here is a little background about us. I am now 31 years old and my husband is 34. I have 3 children from a previous marriage all delivered by csections. My current husband has no children so we wanted to have a biological one ourselves. My problem was I had my tubes tied after my third child. Before turning to IVF we attempted a tubal reversal on the other side of the country. It was 99% guaranteed it would work. We were so ecstatic to be able to start a family within a year after the surgery. After the surgery the dr came out and told us it was unsuccessful. He said he could not even get to the tubes since they were so damaged. We were heartbroken. We flew back home to California with such heavy hearts. While in recovery after the surgery my husband promised that we would find a way to have one more child.

Back home I immediately went to work and researched IVF. I found this site, and plenty others, and was just led to call Reproductive Partners. They had so many different financial plans that we jumped on board and bought a package plan that gave us 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. We hoped we would only have to use one but bought the rest just for peace of mind. Thank goodness we did. Our first try we transferred 2 fresh embryos. I remember one being a 5AA. I don't recall the grades of the rest. We had plenty of ups and downs having to do with the way I responded to the meds and then the way my eggs grew so we did have to start and stop a few times through this whole process. Attempt 1 did not work. So back to the drawing board.

Attempt 2. We did a frozen try. We felt good about this one because I had no fertility issues so try #2 came...and went. We had a positive test but the numbers were low. Eventually it was a chemical pregnancy:( It just didn't work. The doctors were very great at explaining everything to us and the reasons why maybe it didn't take but pretty much we knew it would eventually.

Attempt 3. Another frozen and the last of our eggs. Again the numbers were low but they were there but again ended in a chemical:( We now knew we had to go back to a fresh cycle. I wasn't too happy about that only because of the shots but I knew I could do it.

Attempt 4. Our second fresh cycle. This one was very similar to our first since there was nothing technically wrong. In the meantime we did every test we could on my husband since he had no kids. All test came back wonderfully. We continued and did everything we could to make this one work. I did hypnotherapy, relaxation therapy and accupuncture before and after the transfer. This time we also checked into a hotel near the clinic so we wouldnt have to travel hours back home after the transfer. I lied in bed for 2 nights 3 days and took it very easy until my blood test. This time is was a positive blood test with good numbers!!! We were so excited.

The Drs at Redondo Beach were so great. Dr Wisot was available to talk to us when we needed and worked with us since we were from out of town. Dr. Meldrum came in on his days off and did our transfer. Dr Yee did some of our ultrasounds and was available when needed. I cannot express how thankful we are for this group of doctors and the nurses. The nurses were great as well. If we didn't understand something they would do their best to help us understand and if they couldn't the doctors were right there to help us understand anything we needed. Like I said we live out of town so they helped us out a lot by letting us do certain things with our doctors here in town.

Something I thought would be so stressful ended up being such a great experience. I mean we would have much rather have done the baby making process the natural way but having to do it this way, I could have not asked for better doctors and nurses. We now have a 9 week 6 day old son and he is such a blessing. We owe it all to our miracle workers at Reproductive Partners in Redondo Beach. Thank you to the whole staff. The doctors, nurses, embryologist, everyone. You made us feel more like friends rather than patients. Thank you from the bottom of our heartsSmile

P.S. We have 3 more frozen embryos so we hope to have another successful story soon!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Success after tubal ligation

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I hope we can add to it.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Dr. Bill Yee
User

Post by Dr. Bill Yee »

You are very kind to share your struggles and success. These are stories that pushed us to provide the best possible fertility care for the past 29 years. Thank you again.

Dr Yee
dmeldrum

Post by dmeldrum »

This is really what we work for. It makes it all worthwhile to have someone go out of their way to let us know how much they appreciate the work we do. Thanks so much for your post. Let's get you another one!
Dr. meldrum
monica

Post by monica »

Hi. I think somehow the case of my mom is still related to the topic. She's 40 years old now and had her tubal ligation five years ago. Now she wants to have a baby again, I don't know if she regret having her tubes tied but all she said is that she wants to have a baby. We only have me and my sister and were both working so I think she's seeking for attention and someone to look into. She's in contact with this medical tourism company named PlacidWay and she was referred to have tubal ligation reversal in Mexico which is okay for us since my sister is working there. My only concern is that, is it possible at her age to have a baby? and tubal reversal how can we be sure of its success rate. All we want is to make my mom happy and we will support her. Thanks!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

It is possible to have a baby at age 40 but before having any attempt at tubal reversal surgery or IVF she should have her FSH/E2 and AMH tested to see her fertility potential.

Because IVF is so successful these days very few doctors in the U.S are even doing tubal reversals and more. I don't even know how you could objectively check out the success rates of a doctor in Mexico. But in any case even in the best hands they would be no where near the 99% quoted to our patient.

We would be happy to have your Mom come in to have her fertility potential tested before she make a decision.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California