Success! 40 years young and high FSH

Deirdre

Success! 40 years young and high FSH

Post by Deirdre »

Hello,

I just wanted to briefly share my story. We had been trying to conceive for about 14 years. In my mid thirties I had done 4 rounds of clomid and IUI. I got pregnant two of the times, but neither resulted in a baby. I had had one spontaneous pregnancy but that didn't stick either.

A month before my 40th birthday, we decided to try IVF. I found Reproductive Partners and started the process with Dr Wisot and the Redondo Beach office. My FSH came out high at 12.1. I have heard that the cut off is sometimes 12 so it was lucky that we were able to continue.

After doing the recommended medication protocol, I ended up with 4 follicles. Of those 4, 3 were mature enough to fertilize. I heard the cut off is sometimes 3 so it was lucky that we were able to continue. Of those 3, 2 were sucessfully fertilized. Those 2 both made it for a day 3 transfer. Of those 2, I got 1 baby Cool

Dr Meldrum at the Redondo Beach office did both my egg retrieval and egg transfer, which were done about 1 week before my 40th birthday. I gave birth 20 days ago to a happy little boy weighing 7lbs 14oz. Even though all the odds were against me, it really only does take 1 for success!

I highly recommend Reproductive Partners and the Redondo Beach office. They really know their stuff!

Thank you!!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Success! 40 years young and high FSH

Post by Dr. Wisot »

What an inspiring story! I am thrilled for your success. Thanks for sharing your story.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
dmeldrum

Post by dmeldrum »

We always emphasize that nothing, besides being in a highly successful program, will influence your success more than persistence, persistence, persistence. Unfortunately many patients just give up. You deserve a lot of credit for sticking with it.
Dr. Meldrum
XxxYyyZzz

Post by XxxYyyZzz »

Its true... I think I just need to be more persistent and it will pay off. I just feel so depressed that I think that is why most people do give up. Congratulations! It brings tears in my eyes just to hear success stories and I just need to stop thinking about this.
willbeamom

Post by willbeamom »

XxxYyyZzz ...I found a online support group that has really made the ttc process a lot more bearable.

I am a patient of Reproductive Partners and they are the best. I would highly recommend them if you are seeking a second opinion.