Pregnant but Low P4

positively
User

Pregnant but Low P4

Post by positively »

I just found out Friday that I’m pregnant from a 3 day fet cycle. I was on Estrace starting at day 4, endometrin vaginally 3x a day starting at day 15 and transfer day 19. Meds continue the same. I had blood work Friady at 12 days after 3 day transfer. Hcg was 300, estrogen was 1,700 and progesterone was 11.1. I am worried about my progesterone level. Is it indicative of an unhealthy pregnancy? With my first pregnancy, also a fet, my progesterone at this stage was 17.4 but I had a twin pregnancy. I ended up losing one at 9 weeks so I am nervous.My RE won't redraw the P4 because he said that it is fine since I am on endometrin. He doesn't even have me scheduled for another beta draw until Thursday which is 6 days after my last one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Pregnant but Low P4

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You really don't need the progesterone tested at this time because the Endometrin three times a day provides all the pregnancy needs and it does not show up in the blood. It does not affect the prognosis for the pregnancy.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California