Miracle Baby

Buffyjlm

Miracle Baby

Post by Buffyjlm »

Dr. Wisot,
I'm about a month away from delivering our miracle baby because of you and the reproductive partners team and my husband and I will be forever thankful to you all. As we are getting closer we are considering doing the minimum stim IVF again but have some questions.

Our first concern is regarding breast feeding...from what I understand you cannot breast feed while going through the IVF process...is that correct? and if so what if I was to breast-feed for three months and then stop and start the IVF process...how detrimental would that delay be with my history of diminished ovarian reserve in regards to trying again? From what we understand time is not on our side. We've been told that breast milk is the best for this baby, but on the same hand are nervous to throw away the chance at a sibling for the baby as well.

Being that it worked the last time do our chances go up or do they go down now that I am 40? I had just turned 39 4 days before seeing you guys when we started the process.

Our baby is due right before Christmas. If I understand correctly as long as I am not breast feeding I can start the IVF process as soon as I get a period...how long of a wait is that normally?

Please let me know the answers to my questions as we try to figure out our next step. And again, thank you so much for all your help and giving us this special, miracle Christmas gift of our baby....words can never express enough our thankfulness.
Jeannette
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Miracle Baby

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi Jeanette:

Great to hear from you and the exciting time you are about to experience. Put all your energy into this exciting time and devote your thoughts to the new baby. I would encourage you to breast feed for at least three months. Then you can start thinking about another miracle baby.

I understand your anxiety about you age but in the grand scheme of things a few months is unlikely to make a huge difference and you would have to wait at least six weeks to two months to start again.

Just come in when the baby is two months old and we can start planning another cycle.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California