Diminished Ovarian Reserve IVF Protocol

mcpb
User

Diminished Ovarian Reserve IVF Protocol

Post by mcpb »

I am 35 years old, diagnosed with DOR. I successfully went through a fresh IVF cycle at 33. Unfortunately, of the 5 frozen blastocysts we transferred (over 4 FET cycles) in our attempt to conceive one more child, we were unsuccessful. We are planning to try one more ivf cycle. Unfortunately, we have had to switch clinics as we no longer live near our original RE who we were very happy with, through our failures and all. My concern with the RE we are now at is that they only cycle women every other month so all women are given BCP to control this. I was under the impression that BCP are not helpful to women with DOR. Also, my previous clinic used testosterone and estrogen priming along with saizen to address my DOR. None of these approaches have been discussed at my current RE. Is there more than one effective protocol for women with DOR? Also, my current RE does not believe in the efficacy of DHEA or CoQ10 supplementation for DOR, but in my research there are many clinics advocating these for DOR. Should I proceed with my current Dr's plan? This is our last attempt at IVF and I want to be as informed as possible. Thank you for any insight!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Diminished Ovarian Reserve IVF Protocol

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Your previous RE's approach is more like one we would use.

You are obviously not comfortable with your new RE's approach so I would recommend you get a second opinion before proceeding.

BCPs do have a benefit but for a short period like 2 weeks or 3 weeks with testosterone.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Paulinacs

Improving a Diminished Ovarian Reserve

Post by Paulinacs »

Diminished Ovarian Reserve
My name is Paulina, i m 41 years old i will be 42 years old in October. I live in Santiago CHILE. Last year i did 4 cycles getting 2 embryos with anormal aCGH.
Details of cycles:
1 Puregon, menopur, orgalutran, ovidrel got 2 MII , Zero blastocyst.
2 Menopur, elonva, orgalutran, ovidrel plus a dermic gel of testosterone 1% got 2 MII , One anormal blastocyst with aCGH screening.
3 Menopur, elonva, orgalutran, ovidrel got 2 MII , Zero blastocyst.
4 Puregon, elonva, orgalutran, orvidrel, pergoveris plus a dermic gel of testosterone 1% got 2 MII , One anormal blastocyst with aCGH screening.
In order to get a normal blastocyst. What do you think to use human growth hormone? HGH is a clinical trial , but i m desperate could be a path? or do you think using a DHEA supplementaion with Q10 , could be enought? or definitely my path is donor eggs?
As you can see, in my cycles details my doctor didn t use DHEA supplementaion with Q10, really i don t understand why?
Many thanks in advance
Looking for your reply
Paulina
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Diminished Ovarian Reserve IVF Protocol

Post by Dr. Wisot »

DHEA and Co-Q-10 may help some women make more eggs respond but the results are not consistent and one would have to take them for three months before the cycle to see any effect.

Human growth hormone may help some make better quality embryos so more may make it to blast. Again, the results are not consistent. Better embryo quality may also be achieved using embryo co-culture.

But none of these will change the chromosomes.

It sounds like you are getting close to egg donation.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California