ICSI Rescue

Cdrolet

ICSI Rescue

Post by Cdrolet »

I have a question regarding rescue ICSI, I have PCOS and my husband only has low morphology 2%... The doctor told us from the start that we would have trouble conceiving that his Sperm cannot penetrate the egg.. So they for whatever reason tried normal fertilization.. None of the eggs fertilized.. (Had 20 eggs, 16 are mature). So the tried normal fertilization, none fertilized... So they did ICSI on day 1... Now they want to do a 3 day transfer.. I'm worried that they may have messed this up for us... :?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: ICSI Rescue

Post by Dr. Wisot »

It does not sound logical to me that if they anticipated a problem with fertilization that they did not do ICSI.

If this cycle does not work out for you, I suggest you get a formal second opinion before you do another cycle.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Cdrolet

Post by Cdrolet »

Do you know what the percentage of success is on rescue ICSI? There is not much information that I have been able to find on the topic.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The results are usually poor. A few may fertilize but they usually do not perform well. But when there is no other hope for the cycle, it occasionally works.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. d.
hbtwinmom

Post by hbtwinmom »

We did rescue ICSI! I had 29 eggs, my husband 100,000,000 good looking sperm, left over night and nada! not one fertilized! On one hand, we had our diagnosis, on the other, we were devastated! But, we ended up with two beautiful blasts that were technically day six and now we have our beautiful twin boys who are now four!!! They are a true miracle! We had nothing left to freeze from that cycle.

Ironically we are trying for a sibling for them and now have had three failed FET's, from a December freeze all cycle (due to 36 eggs and OHSS). We did ICSI right away on seven eggs, froze the rest, have 5 blasts and two left. You just never know!

Anyways, just wanted to give you a success story! I believe we were the first in the history of our clinic to have blasts from rescue ICSI :)
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Great to hear. Congratulations.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
CamilleD

Post by CamilleD »

We did rescue ICSI as well and have a beautiful little girl!
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Wonderful news. Congratulations.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.