Uterine scratch

hbtwinmom

Uterine scratch

Post by hbtwinmom »

Just want to get your opinion and hopefully you can clarify the research a bit. I've had three failed single FET's now and we have two blasts left. This is our last shot to give our twins a sibling, so we want to do everything right. We are transferring both as they are six day blasts and okay quality. Anyway, I have read so many stories on the scratching helping with implantation. Our twins are ivf and we obviously didn't need it four years ago, but does it help? I've also read its good to biopsy the tissue to see if there may be an infection or hostile environment to prevent implantation. My RE says that recently they found out it doesn't really help, but then why are so many still doing it!? Thank you!

Can you also tell me the benefit of assisted hatching. We are adding that this time and this will be new. Thank again :)
hbtwinmom

Re: Uterine scratch

Post by hbtwinmom »

Oh! I'm 34 :)
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

It's true that the most recent studies show no benefit from the "scratch" biopsy.

But what may be a benefit is to do an endometrial biopsy in the first half of the cycle before the FET looking for endometritis. That way you rule out endometritis and get the benefit of the "scratch" effect when the studies show next year that it works. :lol:
hbtwinmom

Post by hbtwinmom »

Thanks for the quick reply! I will mention it to my doctor :)
hbtwinmom

Post by hbtwinmom »

Well Dr. Wisot, I had the biopsy and the scratch done! The result? Negative for any infection. Looks like we just need to find a good embryo. We are transferring our last two in October. Thanks for your help! I will let you know when next cycle works! :D
hbtwinmom

Post by hbtwinmom »

They took, and I had a miscarriage :(
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California