Hcg/progesterone levels

Courtms16
User

Hcg/progesterone levels

Post by Courtms16 »

Hi Dr Wisot!

I just got a call from the office informing me my hcg levels today (14 dpo/received trigger shot am of June 4) were 13.8 this am with progesterone over 40...I’m going in again this Friday to see if the hcg rises but I’m confused...what is the likelihood I end up with a healthy baby this round? I had the same issue with my now 3 year old son where my OBGYN said my hcg was low and they wanted to check it again and it ended up being fine, although I dont know what the numbers were then. And with the progesterone so high...how does that figure in? I’m reading that’s a healthy level for early pregnancy...but am I even considered pregnant at 13.8?

Thanks for your time,
Courtney

Ps, not sure if this info matters but for this cycle I only received clomid at 100 for 5 days, days 3-7 of my cycle, and ovulated 3 eggs after receiving trigger (10,0000) on June 4
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Hcg/progesterone levels

Post by Dr. Wisot »

In most labs a level of 25 is positive for pregnancy. A repeated level in two days will tell you which way this is going.

The high progesterone level may be due to the fact that you ovulated three follicles from the Clomid.

I hope this works out for you.

Arthur L. Wisot, M D.