PGD

zs

PGD

Post by zs »

Dear Dr Wisot ,

My wife and i are considering PGD , i have a couple of questions that we have no clue about :

how many eggs ususally are supposed to be retrieved from my wife ? per cycle

when transfering the cells to Genisis genetics does the weekend affect the transfer ( in terms of shipment as the courriers might not be working ) and is there enough time to ship and get results before transfer of (Fresh Eggs )?

Thank you

ZS
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: PGD

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:
In Reply To
Dear Dr Wisot ,

My wife and i are considering PGD , i have a couple of questions that we have no clue about :

how many eggs ususally are supposed to be retrieved from my wife ? per cycle There should be a minimum of 6.

when transfering the cells to Genisis genetics does the weekend affect the transfer ( in terms of shipment as the courriers might not be working ) and is there enough time to ship and get results before transfer of (Fresh Eggs )? No. It does not affect the fresh transfer.

Thank you

ZS
Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Beverly Hills and Redondo Beach, California
zs

Post by zs »

Dear Dr wisot,

Thank you for your reply , so if by chance delivery to genisis genetics was supposed to happen on Saturday and needed to be in detroit by sunday it can happen ?......

thank you

ZS
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

In Reply To
Dear Dr wisot,

Thank you for your reply , so if by chance delivery to genisis genetics was supposed to happen on Saturday and needed to be in detroit by sunday it can happen ?...... So far we have not had any problems with delivery as far as I know.

thank you

ZS Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
zs

Post by zs »

Dear Dr Wisot ,

Thank you for your reply ,

how long do a couple need to wait between cycles to start IVF again(please note that we are doing IVF only For PGD )?

How long do we need to stay IN LA to complete 1 IVF cycle ?

Thank you

ZS
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:
In Reply To
Dear Dr Wisot ,

Thank you for your reply ,

how long do a couple need to wait between cycles to start IVF again(please note that we are doing IVF only For PGD )?
It depends on the previous response; I usually wait one or more cycles.
How long do we need to stay IN LA to complete 1 IVF cycle ? Depending on where you are we like you here from Day 6 of stimulation until two days after the transfer. That would average 16 days. The early part can be monitored near your home if we can find someone to do it. We can start with a telephone consult, but I would like to see you to do an ultrasound, early follicle count, trial transfer before we start.

Thank you

ZS

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
zs

Post by zs »

Dear Dr Wisot,

Thank you for your reply,

my wifes First IVF cycle was good , Results : retrived 17 eggs ,12 Matured , (9 fertilised and tested PGD ) 7 positive mutation ,1 not safe for transfer , 1 normal for transfer (the odds were against us )Pirate, But then the IVF clinic had to freeze the embryos cause they were not able to get the samples on time to genesis genetics which decreased our chances dramatically , we are currently waiting for next week to attempt a transfer IF the embryo survives the thawing .. this is our situation ,(what are odds it will survive thawing )?not too optimistic it will survive as it was a grade 3 embryo.

the reason i asked if the samples are able to be sent to Genesis genetics on the weekend is We want to attempt our next IVF /PGD cycle and utilize a (FRESH TRANSFER ).

so knowing our situation when can we start on the next IVF/PGD cycle ? and how can we check if u have encountered a weekend transfer to genesis genetics and got there in time to be tested for a fresh embryo transfer ?

Thank you

ZS
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:
In Reply To
Dear Dr Wisot,

Thank you for your reply,

my wifes First IVF cycle was good , Results : retrived 17 eggs ,12 Matured , (9 fertilised and tested PGD ) 7 positive mutation ,1 not safe for transfer , 1 normal for transfer (the odds were against us )Pirate, But then the IVF clinic had to freeze the embryos cause they were not able to get the samples on time to genesis genetics which decreased our chances dramatically , we are currently waiting for next week to attempt a transfer IF the embryo survives the thawing .. this is our situation ,(what are odds it will survive thawing )?not too optimistic it will survive as it was a grade 3 embryo.

the reason i asked if the samples are able to be sent to Genesis genetics on the weekend is We want to attempt our next IVF /PGD cycle and utilize a (FRESH TRANSFER ).

so knowing our situation when can we start on the next IVF/PGD cycle ? You could possibly start if your frozen transfer does not succeed with the withdrawal bleeding from that cycle since you won't have been stimulated. and how can we check if u have encountered a weekend transfer to genesis genetics and got there in time to be tested for a fresh embryo transfer ? I spoke to our embryologist and we have had 100% of our cycles done fresh from Genesis Genetics; no problem on weekends. That does not mean that a problem is not possible, but it has not happened yet. They are very responsive and efficient.

Thank you

ZS
Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
zs

Post by zs »

Dear Dr Wisot,

thank you for your reply ,

I will inform you on the outcome from next week's tranfer.

another question that we have : can it be determined on how many egges an ovary has in order to find out how many IVF cycles a woman can have ?

are all procedures done in you orange county clinic?

Thank you
ZS
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:
In Reply To
Dear Dr Wisot,

thank you for your reply ,

I will inform you on the outcome from next week's tranfer.

another question that we have : can it be determined on how many egges an ovary has in order to find out how many IVF cycles a woman can have ? We can see the early follicles that may be stimulated in the next cycle, but not beyond that.

are all procedures done in you orange county clinic? The procedures are done in our Redondo Beach lab.
Thank you
ZS
Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.