7 months with inflammation or infection, sterile?

mirakel

7 months with inflammation or infection, sterile?

Post by mirakel »

Hi,
I am just now realizing that the doctors have kept saying I havent got an infection or inflammation when I must have one. It has been going on for about seven months and they say it is normal to have this severe pain in the uterus and ovaries many months after a miscarriage.
My vagina is also sore which they also say is due to the miscarriage.
They havent even done a papsmear or sent my urine to the lab.
The only thing they do is a vaginal ultrasound and say everything looks fine, you dont have an infection or inflammation. But the more I research the more I realize you cant see this on an ultrasound right? Can you see an infection or inflammation on an ultrasound at all?
Also, is it likely it has affected my fertility when I have suffered from this since my last miscarriage in april?
They also let my dead fetus be there in my uterus for over four weeks now, saying it will pass with my next period.
I am so worried I will never conceive again because they let me go around with this.
I can get an appointment to my gyn but that will take like 2-4 weeks, can I wait that much longer? The pain has increased quite a bit only the last week.

Please be honest. I know you cant answer if I am sterile now. But I mean generally speaking. How long can a woman go with an infection or inflammation in the ovaries before her fertility gets affected? We did conceive in july again but ended in a miscarriage in week seven (and now when I research it seems likely to have been down to the inflammation or infection that I must have).

I cant seek the emergency care here (we only have one) because they are the people that has been fooling me saying everything is ok and it is just pain down to the miscarriage and only perform a vaginal ultrasound then says everything looks fine.
Please help.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: 7 months with inflammation or infection, sterile?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The only resolution for this is to see a doctor. We cannot see "infection" or "inflammation" on an ultrasound but we can see if it is severe, like an abscess.

Easy tests for infection or inflammation are a white blood count and a sedimentation rate blood test. Perhaps your family doctor can order one until you can see the GYN.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California