Advice FOR TTC 1 year with 1 miscarriage

SJM7411

Advice FOR TTC 1 year with 1 miscarriage

Post by SJM7411 »

I have been TTC for over a year now, with 10 months of temping and charting with a basal body thermometer. I got pregnant in July and had a missed miscarriage with a D&C in August 2011. It took 40 days for my period and we began TTC again in October after my first cycle. I am 24, and my husband is 34. We both have one living child each, from previous relationships. We have been temping and charting(I ovulate every month. CD14 before D&C and CD16-19 after D&C), using preseed, softcups, guaifenesin, my husband takes a mens one-a-day and I take a prenatal vitamin, 4,000mcg of folic acid (spina bifida in immediate family), vitamin d, and b6 daily. We have had no luck since our miscarriage and we are loosing hope. At my follow up appointment after my D&C my Doctor told me I had no known reproductive problems. He said my baby had no birth defects, deformities, syndromes, etc. I feel like we are doing everything possible to conceive and we have had no luck. When do we take it to the next step and see an RE? Any advice for TTC?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Advice FOR TTC 1 year with 1 miscarriage

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You sound like you are frustrated so it's time to see an RE and get some answers or action. No one can say you have no problems until they look at certain critical factors. It sounds like you are doing everything you can and it's still not happening. So it's time.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California