Producing Eggs

Iris0287
User

Producing Eggs

Post by Iris0287 »

Hello,

My name is Tanya and I would like to talk to you about my sister, Veronica. She is 43 years old and she wants to have a baby. She never found a man to marry so sperm donation is what she has to settle on. She tried to get inseminated but it wasn't successful. According to the doctor, she only has one egg. They tried to use medication to help her develop more eggs but the treatment is unsuccessful. They told her there's a chance she may never get pregnant. They can try to take the egg and the sperm and put it together and then place it in her womb but it's too expensive to give it a try. I was wondering if there's anything you can do? Please? Thank you for your time.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Producing Eggs

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I don't know what medication they used and how much they gave to try to get her to produce more than one egg so I don't know what else to offer.

If you can let me know the details of how they tried to stimulate her, maybe I can offer a suggestion. If IVF is too expensive she can still try with her one egg and well-timed insemination.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Iris0287
User

Re: Producing Eggs

Post by Iris0287 »

Thank you Dr. Wisot for your immediate reply.

I understand what your saying. I actually don't know the details, so I'm going to convince her to make an appointment with the clinic. I'm hoping she will consider it. Thank you so much for your time.
benniethott
User

Producing Eggs

Post by benniethott »

I was really optimistic that I would get a good number of eggs for my ER yesterday. I had 16 follicles at a good size, but only ended up with 7 eggs. Im 36 with unexplained infertility.

Anyone else have similar results?