Birth control-IVF And Hysteroscopy polypectemy

Faith4Baby

Birth control-IVF And Hysteroscopy polypectemy

Post by Faith4Baby »

Dr. Wisot
I am set to have this procedure to remove a polyp/s that were found during my sonogram the week i was set to start IVF. I have been on hold till after the procedure and on birth control this entire time as well. I have been instructed to continue the pill, not having a period till after the procedure. I will stay on it for two weeks after, allow my cycle, then go in and see doctor, (fertility doc).
I am trying to digest this all and understand why I have been on the pill so long.
My Question is, how long after the procedure and the 1st period which will be 2 weeks afterwards, can I jump back into the IVF protocol and injectibles? I'm guessing I will menstruate, then probably be put back on the pill again??
If my procedure is this week...what is a reasonable amount of time before I can become pregnant...? Being there's no detours based on what is found during the hysteroscopy ?
Thank you :D
I am anxious to get started and back on track...since its been over 2 mos since the
discovery
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Birth control-IVF And Hysteroscopy polypectemy

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Your schedule is based on your doctor's protocol so I can't answer why you are doing this and the timing. Your doctor should be able to answer these questions.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California