IVF w/ Lupron vs Mini Stim

Chardonnay

IVF w/ Lupron vs Mini Stim

Post by Chardonnay »

I am a healthy 39yr old woman (5'9, 145lbs) with 6 unsuccessful IUI's with known donor who had poor morphology.
Then- 1 failed IVF (chemical pregnancy, day 5, morula, +acupuncture) with same known donor in 2012.
Last month- 2nd failed IVF (day 3, - acupuncture) using [new] sperm from cryobank.
My physician suggested that I may have poor embryo quality with < 15% fragmentation but is not certain because my labwork, hormonal response to meds have been good.
Because I seem to produce a good amount of eggs we discussed trying: IUI Mini-Stim (using sperm from cryobank) or IVF using Lupron as options. I realize my biological clock is ticking pretty fast and cannot afford to prolong this process. I have my medical records and pictures of my embryo's available for your review. Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: IVF w/ Lupron vs Mini Stim

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Bring them in and have a consultation. Min stim is more helpful for someone who cannot produce enough eggs. What you may need is some measures to try to improve embryo quality which we can discuss when you come in.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Chardonnay

Post by Chardonnay »

I live in Florida and it's a long drive!
What were the suggestions you had to improve the embryo quality?
Thank you
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Improving embryo quality is a subject that is far too complex to discuss in detail here.

But a few suggestions would include starting an intense vitamin and antioxidant regimen which can be linked to on our Lifestyle and Fertility pages. We also often recommend using human growth hormone during the stimulation, embryo co-culture with granulosa cells and Day 3 transfer. These are all things you can research and discuss with your doctor.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California