Spinal Cord Injury patients

Nutmeg1208

Spinal Cord Injury patients

Post by Nutmeg1208 »

Me and my boyfriend will be undergoing IVF in the hopefully near future. He has not had sperm analysis done at this point. It will take extraction process and is costly, so I'm trying to find as much info as possible first. If I was to apply with Attain IVF would sperm extraction be included? Would there need to be more than one of these procedures? One for testing and one for getting sperm for IVF? Do you guys work with a urologist in office or have one you use for procedures such as this? He's been in a wheel chair for 18 years and I've had Cyvita fertility pills suggested to help gain sperm count and quality. Would you suggest him going on this prior to extraction? Should I call for a consultation and if so how much would that be?

Thank you for any help you can provide. This is a long daunting and expensive process. I need to make sure we're doing it all right.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Spinal Cord Injury patients

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We have helped lots of couples in which the man has had a spinal cord injury and how we obtain sperm depends on the exact injury. He will be evaluated by one of the urologists we work with and in most cases extra sperm can be frozen.

I don't know if sperm extraction can be covered by Attain but all of this can be answered in a consultation ($250).

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California