LH issue

euro

LH issue

Post by euro »

Hi,
I hope you can offer me some advice and send me in the right direction. I'm 36 years old. Have two children, 1st took 15 months to conceive and the second took 9 months. I had been on birth control before both pregnancies and recently came off them again 6 months ago. Each time I've come off BC I used opks. I have had no period since I came off the pil 6 months ago, just odd light spotting. I got my first pos opk 6 weeks ago, I had light spotting 9-10 days afterwards which I thought might be implantation bleeding. 4 days after that I started getting pos opks and have had pos opks ever since, so far it's been 4 weeks of pos opks. I'm not pregnant. Had blood tests done at my doctors, everything came back normaliincluding lh. She said that she would have a better idea of hormones when I get day 3-5 bloods done, bu tg I'm getting impatient having to wait for a period. Especially when my opks are positive :( I had wondered if I developed a cyst after the first pos opk but I don't have any pain. I would really appreciate your insight from a fertility expert point of view, as I sometimes feel my doctor is a bit relaxed about it, even considering my age . Thank you in advance
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: LH issue

Post by Dr. Wisot »

If you are not having periods the "Day 3" and other hormonal labs can be done randomly. More importantly, since your doctor is not showing any interest in your problem, it's probably time to see and RE and get answers.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California