Do pelvic Surgeries cause Blocked Fallopian Tube?

anon114
User

Do pelvic Surgeries cause Blocked Fallopian Tube?

Post by anon114 »

I've had 3 Pelvic Surgeries due to Reoccuring Ovarian Fibroids, I had my left ovary removed when I was 14 and I had a surgery last December to attempt to remove another fibroid but my gyno. Couldn't get to it so I just had abdominal lapratomy this March and had 5 fibroids removed from the only ovary I have left. I have been trying to conceive since April but for some reason haven't been successful. I've been trying everything to get pregnant; checking my BBT every morning, using my Fertility Monitor for knowing my ovulation dates and supplemented that are suppose to help. So far the only thing that's been detected is that I ovulate late. I'm 18 and my doctor said it shouldn't take that long for someone young and healthy like me. So I was wondering if my previous surgeries can cause my only ovary to have a blocked tube? Also how can I get a HSG Test done?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Do pelvic Surgeries cause Blocked Fallopian Tube?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Any pelvic surgery can result in adhesions that can lead to problems with the fallopian tubes.

An HSG would be an excellent idea before you proceed further. Any doctor can order it for you, probably your GYN would be the best one to order it.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
anon114
User

Post by anon114 »

Since it takes almost 2 months to see my gynecologist, Could I get a HSG Test done at reproductive partners?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

You could but you will need an order from your doctor. You don't have to see the doctor to get the order. Just ask the office to simply send you a prescription that asks us to do an HSG. The report will go to your doctor.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
anon114
User

Post by anon114 »

How do I ask for it because I called my doctors office and they don't know what I'm talking about
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Tell them that because of your previous pelvic surgery and your inability to get pregnant you would like to see if your remaining tube is normal.

All they have to do is write "Please do HSG" on a prescription pad or letterhead, have the doctor sign it and send it to you. You can then call the Westminster office and schedule (714) 702-3000. Bring the request with you or send it to them.

It's as easy as that.

If the doctor refuses :( , tell them that if you ultimately find out that you are wasting your time if your tube is closed, you will not be happy. I think it's a reasonable request.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
anon114
User

Post by anon114 »

Okay I will call them again, does your office use a Oil Based Contrast since it increases chance of pregnancy?
anon114
User

Post by anon114 »

Okay I requested the order and I'll be getting it next week
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We used to use the oil-based dye but it's no longer available.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.