IUI Questions

TandEBlood

IUI Questions

Post by TandEBlood »

Hello! I am new here, and new to the whole IUI thing. My wife and I went in for and IUI on 8-18-15. Here is what we had to do well more what she had to do. She took 10 days of Clomid, then we tested for a surge and when it became positive we had an appointment for an ultra sound to measure and check for eggs. Eggs looked good and there were a few. That night we went home and before bed and she gave herself an injection of Ovidrel to help make those eggs come down, and 36 hours later we were back in the office for the IUI.
Here we are 16 days post IUI and have not had any sort of indication of a positive test, and she is due for her period on 9-7-15. We have been driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out if we are pregnant or not. We have of course been looking and reading all kinds of things online about it. I was quite surprised to find out that there are seemingly a lot of women who don't get positive tests in what is considered a "normal" time frame of 2 weeks.
What are the odds that we actually had a successful IUI? Should we make an appointment for a blood test if her period is late, and how late is considered late? She does have a ovary that hangs out behind her uterus so I have a concern about tubal pregnancy. Anything you can provide us information wise might help put our minds at ease and help us figure out what we should do.

Thank You
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: IUI Questions

Post by Dr. Wisot »

If it's 16 days after the IUI, go in today for a blood pregnancy test and you will know for sure. The blood test is very reliable at this point.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Farsen2009

Post by Farsen2009 »

Hi Doctor,

I visited my doctor on Thursday morning to monitor my follicle size and getting ready for an IUI treatment and the size was 16mm. I was advised to take the trigger shot on Friday evening for an IUI treatment on Sunday morning. I did an ovulation test which showed positive on Thursday evening but I am not sure if I should still take the trigger shot?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I don't know if you are on any fertility drugs, but if you are you should certainly take it.

Even if you are not on fertility drugs, if you already surged it can't hurt and may help.

Why not just ask your doctor who knows all the facts?

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California