Ovulation Monitor question

cb4m

Ovulation Monitor question

Post by cb4m »

This is an awfully specific question, I just wasn't sure where else to turn.

I am trying to get pregnant using the Clearblue Easy digital ovulation monitor, which was instrumental in conceiving our first child.

(Note, I am 41 years old. My baby is 14 months old and I am still nursing 3x/day, but my periods resumed in December and I am on my 3rd normal cycle now).

Last month, I started trying to conceive using the ovulation monitor again. It showed peak fertility (ovulation) on day 13 of my cycle. We did not conceive but I was glad to see I was ovulating. This month however I have received readings of high fertility 9 days in a row (days 7 - 15) and still no peak fertility/ ovulation. If this is a glitch of the machine, that's fine, but I am worried I am not ovulating. How can I be sure?

Thanks.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Ovulation Monitor question

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Since you are still breast feeding, your cycles can be a little erratic. The best way to tell what's going on is to have your doctor do an ultrasound to see if you are developing a follicle and how far along it is.

All of the ovulation kits, including the monitor, are just presumptive of ovulation and do not confirm it for sure.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
cb4m

Post by cb4m »

Thanks Dr. Wisot. On what day should I see a doctor for an ultrasound? Dr. Rosen and Dr. Huang helped me the first time so I would go back to them.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

If you saw peak ovulation on Day 13 I would probably start seeing them on Day 11.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California