tied tubes

belent10

tied tubes

Post by belent10 »

hi, i have 2 4yr old boys, they are 10 months apart. My youngest just turned 4 last month and my oldest will be 5 next week : (... when we had our second son, I decided i didnt want any more kids. So i had my tubes tied. So now, for a while we have been wanting a girl. How do i find out if they were just tied? Ive heard others being burned, cut then tied. If they are just tied should i just untie them? but if they are cut or burned what is my next option?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: tied tubes

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

The operative report of the operation should provide the details. Then you would have to find an expert who could do microsurgery to repair the tubes if it looks like you have enough tube left. This is not an operation for the average general Ob/Gyn. One needs special skills.

If you really are doing this for a girl, then IVF with preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) for sex selection might be the best answer for you and it does not matter how your tubes were tied. and we can do that. Check out http://www.reproductivepartners.com/fer ... somes.html

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California