ciprofloxacin in very early pregnancy?

sophial

ciprofloxacin in very early pregnancy?

Post by sophial »

Dr. Wisot,

Starting from mid-November, I was taking ciprofloxacin for 10 days (250mg twice a day) to treat a mild UTI, during which time I conceived (my pregnancy test just turned positive yesterday). I believe the conception took place right in the middle of the antibiotic course. What are the possible consequences for the baby?

Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: ciprofloxacin in very early pregnancy?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

That is a specific question that i cannot answer here so you need to discuss this with your doctor. Sorry.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
sophial

Post by sophial »

Dr. Wisot,

Could you suggest the brand of pre-natal vitamins that would be good to take in pregnancy? I know they say they are all the same, but I would like your recommendation, if possible.

I currently take gummy VitaFusion pre-natals (800mcg folic acid, 8mcg Vit B12, 3.8mg Zinc, 4000IU Vit A, 30 mg Vit C, 400 IU Vit D, 15 IU Vit E, 20 mg Niacin, 2.5 mg Vit B6, 10 mg Choline -- no iron so far, as I feel stomach pain when taking it). I also separately take tablets of 650 mg EPA and 450 mg DHA fish oils, and 1200 mg Calcium and 800 IU additional Vit D tablets (my D level was 31 a few months ago). What do you think of this combination? Thank you.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Again, this is asking for specific advice that I cannot give here.

I can comment that the one you describe and the supplements would be considered a good formula. 8-)

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California