Clomiphene with broken left tube

Emmalou0401

Clomiphene with broken left tube

Post by Emmalou0401 »

Hi I'm 28 and currently have 1 child age 8 which i had no problems conceiving.

Myself and my husband have been trying for another baby now for 2 and a 1/2 years with no luck. We have had investigations for the cause of our infertility and i have a broken left tube. My consultant is not sure if i may have had this all my life or possibly due to the c section i had for my first child. He says he has never seen it before

For the last 2 months we have been taking clomiphene 100mg with follicular tracking and on both months i have ovulated on the left hand side. My consultant says that this makes absolutely no difference and the egg will simply travel down the right hand tube instead of the broken left. Is this true? The reading i have done myself would suggest that it's quite rare for an egg to travel down the opposite tube. Is it possible i ovulate on the left side most months?

Thanks

Emma
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Clomiphene with broken left tube

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

I agree with you. Transmigration of the egg to the opposite tube is rare but can happen.

Side of ovulation is random, does not necessarily alternate. Some women ovulate more often on one side. That may be because the blood supply may be better on that side.

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Emmalou0401

Re: Clomiphene with broken left tube

Post by Emmalou0401 »

That's what I thought. Thanks for your help :)