tilted uterus & cervical fluid questions

Mel

tilted uterus & cervical fluid questions

Post by Mel »

Hi,

After my HSG, I found out that I have a tipped/tilted uterus. I'm wondering if my husband and I should be utilizing particular positions for intercourse to help us conceive.

Also, after a year+ of charting my temps and monitoring my cervical fluid, I have found that I have limited fertile-quality, slippery cervical fluid. We have used Pre-seed before, but now we are considering using egg whites. BTW, I'm 34.

Any advice on any of these matters will be appreciated. Thank you. :)
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: tilted uterus & cervical fluid questions

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Usually a "tilted" uterus is not a significant issue. It's more important which way your cervix is pointing. Usually it's pointing down and using the man-above, woman below so-called missionary position is most effective. If it's pointing up then the man entering from behind, the so-called doggie style position might be most effective. Your doctor could tell you which way it's pointing or you may be able to feel it.

To evaluate your mucus it would be best to have your doctor do a post coital test at the time of ovulation. Unfortunately there are really no good fixes for poor mucus so we usually resort to intrauterine insemination (IUI). Pre-Seed and egg whites can be used for lubrication but they do not replace cervical mucus. :(

Good luck.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group, Inc.
Redondo Beach, California
Mel

Re: tilted uterus & cervical fluid questions

Post by Mel »

Thank you for your information! This is a great resource!