Overweight. Consultation a waste?

tcmc817

Overweight. Consultation a waste?

Post by tcmc817 »

I have been seeing my gynecologist trying to get pregnant and the first thing they did was send me to get lab work done. They found I was a bit insulin resistant and started me on Metformin. I am 31, overweight and have never had a baby. My cycles are irregular. They started me on Provera to start my period, which worked like a charm. Then Clomid to jump start my ovulation. I have done Clomid for 3 cycles with no success. I haven't been tested in any other way as far as checking to see if tubes are blocked, fibroids, etc...I know I am overweight, and I need to lose atleast 20-30 lbs just to get my BMI to under 35. Will speaking to your treatment center be a waste at this point? Will you still be able to give treatments to people like me?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Overweight. Consultation a waste?

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

It would be a good idea to get started with the remainder of the evaluation and look for more effective treatment while you are losing the weight if it's 25-30 pounds.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
tcmc817

Post by tcmc817 »

So in other words, you guys would still find treatments for me and help me even though I need to lose weight? What do you mean by the remainder of the evaluation?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

That's right. By remainder of the evaluation it means that it does not sound like you have had all the tests done that you should have. If you do come in bring all your records so we can see what's been done.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California