+OPK without CM?

Mia16

+OPK without CM?

Post by Mia16 »

I usually have a lot of cervical mucus, but in the last two cycles there is none at all. I checked ovulation using an OPK and it turned positive yesterday (CD 13), as it usually does around that time. What can be wrong? Does the +OPK mean I am ovulating regardless of the CM?

Thank you,

Mia
Mia16

Re: +OPK without CM?

Post by Mia16 »

I should add that I had a hysteroscopy done (as part of my tests preceding a planned IVF) on Wednesday, CD 11.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

The + OPK is a good indication that you are ovulating. The lack of cervical mucus in this cycle could be because of the mechanical effect of the hysteroscopy. Last cycle, I don't know but the OPK is more relaible.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Mia16

Post by Mia16 »

Is there any relation between this +OPK without any mucus and the Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome?

I am wondering if I indeed ovulate in general: I am prone to cysts, for which I have to take BCP or wait for them to resolve. I had an IUI on the day following my +OPK in March; unsuccessful. They never did an U/S on the IUI day or after to confirm whether I did ovulate. I just had a mid-luteal progesterone check that was 10 units or so.

Thank you again,

Mia
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

Those are usually unrelated.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California