Endometrin

sophe

Endometrin

Post by sophe »

What are the purpose of the endometrin suppositories? Do they mainly help with implantation? What is the need to continue taking them after a positive pregnancy test?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Endometrin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

In general the purpose of Endometrin is to supplement progesterone when not enough is being produced by the body for various reasons. It helps to develop a uterine lining that can support implantation and continued growth of a pregnancy.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
mattsmommy

Post by mattsmommy »

Hi!

I had a FET transfer two weeks ago today. I got a BFP on my pregnancy test yesterday. I have been having sever reactions to the POI shots. With my first FET we discovered I was allergic to the ethal oleate and was switched to seseme oil and did fine. This FET I started with seseme and had a reaction and then went to olive oil. The olive oil was even worse. I am now on Endometin and I am worried that it is not as effective as the PIO. What is your opinion? The nurse said I could alternate between shots and endometrin if I could stand the excessive swelling and itching. Would you reccomend that to your patients?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

We are using Endometrin in IVF cycles almost exclusively, three time a day in FET cycles.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California