Depression

RB2012

Depression

Post by RB2012 »

I can't get my mind off TTC. My close friend who I also thought might be going through infertility shared/announced their pregnancy today by showing me their ultrasound pics. I feel I can't even be happy for them anymore because all I do is worry about myself... Is this type of behavior normal with infertility? Are my Dr.'s at Reproductive Partners aware that patients feel this way or should I share this info with them because its just me? When I saw the friend ultrasound pics today I immediately got a lump in my throat and started freaking out inside. I hope that this post doesn't come across as self pitying... Just want to know if these feelings are okay?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Depression

Post by Dr. Wisot »

These feelings are very common. I hear them all the time. Infertility is a major stressor that can affect people's lives, jobs and relationships.

It's good that you acknowledge that you feel this way. The thing to do is now to get help-definitely inform your doctor and ask for a referral to an expert in the emotional aspects of fertility, usually they have training as a psychologist, family therapist or social worker.

If I am your doctor I will expect a call this afternoon. Get on on it.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California