Fibroid and injectibles

Faith4Baby

Fibroid and injectibles

Post by Faith4Baby »

Hi...
Dr Wiscot:
I Was wondering if one has a fibroid, and hesterisalpingogram came back clear with no issues and hormone levels are all in normal range, can I step up my fertility treatment with the use of injectibles.

I have had two unsuccessful IUI's with clomid, (100/150 mg) and hsg shot and I am wanting to step it up and not spin my wheels with just clomid if adding medication will increase my chances. I reacted well to the clomid...2 mature eggs on both cycles.

Must add I am 42 years old....no signs of problems other than the fibroid which measured at 40mm..but has not changed in size since beginning treatment in September.

Husbands sperm analysis have all been very good.

Any guidance u could give, without seeing my charts would be helpful...looking to come to your office soon!
~Keeping the faith
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Fibroid and injectibles

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Hi:

In general in women over 40 I go directly to at least injectables as I don't find that Clomid works really well above that age.

The injectables will increase estrogen levels for a shot period (so will pregnancy for a nine months) but that usually is not enough to make fibroids grow significantly. If a fibroid is not near the cavity and not too large it usually does not impact pregnancy except that it might grow along with the uterus and cause some discomfort.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
Faith4Baby

Re: Fibroid and injectibles

Post by Faith4Baby »

Thank you Dr. Wisot!
This gives me comfort to know I have options..before going to IVF.

Thank you for your time!
Look forward to meeting you and/or your staff soon!