Secondary Infertility

jrwallace

Secondary Infertility

Post by jrwallace »

My question is what would be average/typical amount follicles will grow with Bravelle? On cycle day 11 (Monday) I had a follicle that was 23 and one that was 13, I had already taken Letrizole (10mg) on cycle days 4-8 and Bravelle (75mg) on cycle day 9 and 10. I took one more Bravelle later that night (Monday) and did Ovidrel shot Tuesday night and IUI on Thursday morning. They did not measure my eggs so I am trying to figure out how large my follicles may have been for IUI.

This will be IUI# 6 after 46 months of trying for a third child. We have had 2 previously very easily. I hit the age of 25 ( I am currently 29) and my AMH levels dropped to 1.2 then a few months later was at 0.6. Husband has always given perfect samples, and AMH is the only thing that doctors can seem to find that is off. I have had 2 miscarriages in the past 4 years of trying as well.

I have been taking DHEA, CoQ10, Pregnitude, Vitamin D, Prenatals to see if it helped in any way with Dr permission but still no baby for us.

Any words of advice or your thoughts on secondary infertility or low AMH would be a second wind in our sails to keep our heads up and to get us through the next stage of all of this. After 7 IUIs we are kind of lost on what we should do since IVF % are so low.

Thank you :)
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Secondary Infertility

Post by Dr. Wisot »

The number of follicles will depend on many factors. You developed one because of your low AMH.

After the time you have been trying and the number of IUIs I would be thinking IVF. With your low AMH they could use a minimal stimulation protocol.

You did not mention your FSH level but your age should be positive factor.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.