Repeated Pregnancy Loss

BipashaChy

Repeated Pregnancy Loss

Post by BipashaChy »

Repeated pregnancy loss is happening to me.Last year I got Pregnant by Clomid,4 HMG & 1 HCG shot.But it was ended with missed abortion.It was a blighted ovum.Then we tried a lot but no result was found.This July I went to India.Laparoscopy,ovarian drillng were done.I got pregnant this month but usg showed it is a cervical ectopic pregnancy.So I have to abort this again.What should we do now?how will we proceed in future?We are mentally totally broken.what is the problem?
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Re: Repeated Pregnancy Loss

Post by Dr. Wisot »

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time.

But the two losses may not be related. A loss from a blighted ovum is very common. A cervical pregnancy is rare but the problem is not a bad pregnancy, more a bad location.

Since they are probably not related there is not one thing you can do to avoid them except to do IVF with PGS to reduce the chance of a blighted ovum by putting in a chromosomally normal embryo, and the placement of the embryos in the uterus at transfer does not eliminate the chance of a ectopic pregnancy, but it does reduce the chance.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
Redondo Beach, California
BipashaChy

Post by BipashaChy »

But we want to give a final try.After Laparoscopy I took clomid 50mg for 5 days.My folicle size was 24mm on day 12&progesterone was 26.87ng/mL.So can we try next time without medicine?
BipashaChy

Post by BipashaChy »

BipashaChy wrote:But we want to give a final try.After Laparoscopy I took clomid 50mg for 5 days.My folicle size was 24mm on day 12&progesterone was 26.87ng/mL on day 21.So can we try next time without medicine?
BipashaChy

Post by BipashaChy »

Is there any treatment like medicine or injection which we can take as precaution for not to happen again pregnancy loss?I heard sometimes proesterone or hcg support given.do I need this?I both cases only the sack was created.There was no embryo or yolk sack inside it.Last year I was 9 weeks pregnant & this year I was 5 weeks.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

Since your two miscarriages were different there is no one treatment that will prevent a miscarriage in the future. Since your progesterone test on Clomid was normal you would not necessarily need progesterone if you stay on Clomid.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.
BipashaChy

Post by BipashaChy »

Thanks a lot Dr.So what is your suggestion?what should we do now?I am mentally totally broken.I am always feeling that this will happen again with me.I am scared of future.which will be best for us?IUI,IVF or any other process?if you suggest a process briefly in where the chance of loss again is less it would be very helpful for us.
Dr. Wisot
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Wisot »

As I said in my first reply, IVF with PGS would reduce, but not eliminate the chance of either event occurring again.

Arthur L. Wisot, M. D.